Vaccine or Champion Hurdle?

I have to confess that I have been suffering from a mild case of vaccine jealously - especially when I saw a photo of David Cameron being jabbed and knowing that he is considerably younger than me.

Therefore there was delight yesterday on receiving confirmation of my appointment - Tuesday week in the afternoon. It then dawned on me that there was a clash ...... with the Champion Hurdle!

I briefly considered changing the time,

"Hello busy vaccination people. I would like to amend the date for my jab."

"Ok we can do that in exceptional circumstances. Why do you need to change?"

"So I can watch Goshen and Honeysuckle in the Champion Hurdle." 

That is obviously a non-runner. Instead it's set Racing TV to record and then, like that brilliant episode of the Likely Lads, trying to avoid all people and media till early evening so I can watch the race without knowing the result.

Just 2 bets today -

The Ogle Gogle Man 2.55 Sedgefield, and Table Mountain 3.05 Huntingdon. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plenty in the Tank

Hunter Chases with Professional Jockeys

What to make of Goshen? Or Song For Someone for that matter?